Greater Northwest Baptist Church is a body of believers who glorify God and openly teach and preach the Word of God by providing a loving, caring and nurturing environment in which individuals come to know and accept Jesus Christ! We strive to help others strengthen their personal relationship with God through studying God’s Word, service, ministry to youth, adults and families so they may grow into a mature faith and be ambassadors for Christ to the world.
“Striving together for the
faith of the gospel.”
To serve as a church home for those of like precious faith in this general geographical area, to conduct services of the church for the worship of God, to edify its members, and administer its ordinances, to accept and fully implement the Great Commission as expressed in Matthews 28:19, 20. We will earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered to the saints, (Jude 3; 4) we will with one mind, strive for the faith of the gospel (Philippians 1: 27).
We believe in the great historic, fundamentals of the Christian faith.
As conservative, Bible –believers we take the Bible literally and stand opposed to all who deny these central, basic doctrines. (Jude 3)
- We believe in the Verbal Inspiration and In-inerrancy of Scripture. (2 Peter 1:20, 21; John 10:25)
- We believe in the Virgin Birth and Deity of Christ. (Isaiah 7:14; John 1:1-3; Colossians 1:15-19)
- We believe in the Veracity of Supernatural Miracles. (Matthew 12:40; John 20:30, 31).
- We believe in the Vicarious (Substitution) Blood Atonement of Christ. (2 Corinthians 5:21; Isaiah 53: 5, 6; Hebrew 9:12)
- We believe in the Victorious Bodily Resurrection and Ascension of Christ. (1Corinthians 15:3-17; Romans 1:4, 5; 5:10; Acts 1:9)
- We believe in the Visible, Imminent personal return of Christ to earth. (Acts 1:11; 1 Thessalonians 4:16; Titus 2:13)
- We believe in the Bible instruction to live holy, clean lives separated unto God from all sin and worldliness in our personal lives. (2 Corinthians 7:1;Romans 12:1, 2; 1 John 2:15, 16)
- We believe as a church we are to be separated unto God from all false teachers, heresy apostasy, compromise, and disobedient brothers. (2 Corinthians 6:14-7:1, 2 John 9-11; Titus 3:10; 2 Timothy 3:5; 2 Thessalonians 3;6,14; Romans 16:17; Matthew 18:15-17; 2 Corinthians 5:9-11)